Rolle House is a registered Children’s Home specialising in caring for children and young people aged between five and 17 years who are Deaf or hearing-impaired. Rolle House operates independently and is managed by Acting Manager Alex Stephens.
At Rolle House we care for Deaf or hearing-impaired young people who have:
• Learning disabilities, autism, physical disabilities
• Additional needs such as behavioural, emotional or social challenges
We offer four placements at any one time. Each placement is appropriately assessed, matched and an impact risk assessment process carried out to ensure the safety and success of not only each placement, but the service as a whole. This ensures the best possible outcomes for all of young people placed with us.
We communicate using British Sign Language (BSL) and we consider all appropriate age ranges.
Our young people achieve…
…emotional stability, greater independence, integration and are active members of their own communities. We provide our young people opportunities to be involved and be part of the wider community regardless of their hearing impairment. We also promote independence and confidence, helping them to achieve their hopes and ambitions.
We support our young people to achieve progress in a wide variety of areas including:
- Behavioural and emotional skills
- Academic abilities
- Social skills
- Life and independence skills
About Rolle House
- A homely environment with specialist equipment to meet individual needs
- A home that is rich in BSL where Deaf or hearing-impaired young people can understand, and be understood by those around them
- A Registered manager with 12 years’ experience in social care
- We are an experienced team of both Deaf and hearing staff.
- Care staff are qualified British Sign Language users up to BSL Level 6
- All of our care staff are trained in or working towards a Residential Child Care Level 3 Diploma
- All of our care staff follow mandatory training in safeguarding, fire safety, Non Abusive Psychological and Physical Intervention (NAPPI), Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE), Childhood bereavement, LGBT, Playfulness Acceptance Curiosity Empathy (PACE)
- Town location close to Junction 30 of the M5, Exmouth town, beach and train station, and a 20-minute drive to Exeter Airport.
Rolle House operates independently and is managed by a registered Children’s Home Manager. Exmouth is home to the Deaf Academy which is a long-established school for the Deaf and a charity which has been based in Devon for 190 years. A wide range of specialist services are also based in the surrounding area, and bespoke packages can be tailored for the young person.
Strong links with the local community
Rolle House is set in attractive grounds, just five minutes’ walk from both Exmouth beach, and the town centre. There are many activities and days out accessible from Exmouth, and our young people access a range of organised social events, activities and trips.
We have strong links with specialist services:
- The Deaf Academy
- Counselling Support
- Gender Identity Development Service
- Intercom Trust
- Living Options
- Local Community Police
One child has been supported to develop their communication skills significantly since moving into the home. This has had a life changing impact on the child and their family.
Alex Stephen, Acting Manager